Monday, July 7, 2008

Morgan's Corn Chowder

I know Morgan from The South Rock Grille...a restaurant I used to frequent. She also lives next door to a friend of mine. Sometime today, I decided I wanted to cook a corn chowder. Why? Beats the everlovin tar outa me! I stopped by and asked Morgan if she had a recipe I could use. Did I mention she's one of the best cooks I have ever known? Yea, she is!

She took the time to write down for me not only the ingredients, but how to cook them, too. Now, I know that's how recipes work, but I was prepared for her to just tell me! She actually wrote it all out for me! What a nice gesture!!

As I cooked, I knew I wanted to blog about it, so I took pics most every step of the way.
Here is the recipe, and following will be the photos...


1 medium onion - diced
5 or 6 ears of corn
4 medium potatoes - cubed
2 cups heavy cream
2-3 cups chicken stock
salt & pepper to taste
3 tbsp butter

Roux:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1+ cup chicken stock


Saute' onions in stock pot with butter.
Add potatoes and stock.
Bring to boil, reduce to medium, allow to cook covered about 15 minutes.

In smaller saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
add flour whisking thoroughly
add enough stock to create thin consistency

Add corn to large stock pot and cook another 5 minutes

Stir in Roux, then add cream

Bring to boil, then remove from heat.













I had pita chips with mine tonight. I have enough leftover to eat on it for a couple weeks, I'm sure!!

Thanks, Morgan!! This was great!!

No comments: